Welcome to TRIO, the North Carolina Kidney, Urology, and Hematology Training, Research, Innovation, and Outreach Program (NC KUH TRIO Program)! This program is a trio of academic medical centers and a trio of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in North Carolina with world-class research and mentoring expertise in Kidney, Urologic, and Hematologic (KUH) specialties.
TRIO sites include:
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (unc.edu)
- Wake Forest University Wake Forest University (wfu.edu)
- Duke University Duke University
- NC Agricultural & Technical State University Welcome to North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (ncat.edu)
- Winston-Salem State University Home Page – Winston-Salem State University (wssu.edu)
- NC Central University Home | North Carolina Central University (nccu.edu)
The goal of our TRIO program is to improve care and outcomes for patients with KUH diseases. TRIO combines strong institutional support for learning and discovery with well-funded and committed KUH investigators and mentors that will accelerate scholarly learning, networking, and professional development as strategies to scale high-impact practices, support guided pathways, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. Trainees are at the heart of this program, and TRIO will provide a seamless experience for trainees across institutions, developing the KUH researchers of tomorrow. This will be accomplished harmoniously with the 3 cores that make up this program: Training Core, Networking Core, and Professional Development Core.